I love you all so much, and I love that you're paying attention, but an e-mail I recently got read like this: "Chris, it's Monday. That's personal update day. Why did you do the 'Things not to do to writers' post and the week before it was about how you wanted money. When are we actually going to get a personal update???"
These are the things that make me triple check the locks at night.
Anyway, I'm still trying to wrap up some of the end-of-the-year stuff. While I do jazz hands on social media and run through "the best of" for the past two years, I am catching up with the year end junk and preparing to get a robust schedule of writing worked up for the Spring semester. Everything is kind of in transition right now.
- I need to write thank you letters to donors for December, and the post thanking 2013's patrons needs to be compiled from an absolute mess of e-mail I was getting after "Creepy Guy" in July. It's going to take me a while, and I'll probably miss some donors, but it's one of those things that looms larger and more stress-inducing because I really don't want to do it.
- The Contrarian is taking up lots of time and energy--especially considering his psychic power is contradiction. ("I think he's finally falling asleep." "I AM NOT!!") Even though I'm just Uncle Chris, it's still pretty crazy. Plus the Hall of Rectitude should be called the hall of Wrecktitude right now. Baby shit (that's figurative, not literal....at least, so far) is all over the main foyer, and even Blaster-Master is getting tired of stepping on squeaky things and bottle nipples.
- Uberdude went back on patrol today. The city's crime was just getting too out of control and he couldn't stay home any longer. So now it's just me and The Brain taking care of The Contrarian.
- Also I start teaching again on Thursday--or at least I start the flex meeting we have every semester before classes.
- Still getting the hang of writing for two other blogs (Grounded Parents and Ace of Geeks) while keeping this one full of content.
- I really want 2014 to be the year I start shifting more towards fiction, and working that into an already impacted schedule of househusbandry and blogging is proving to be a challenge. Blogging is awesome but the soul burns to get some of these stories in my head into books. I don't want to blog less, but I may have to break long articles into parts, do more short entries, and space out the time-intensive articles so that I have time for everything.
- Don't even talk to me about stuff like having a social life or watching a movie once in a while.
So I'm going to give folks following me close a quick update, keep going with the "best of" over on social media, and use the extra time to work on everything else. W.A.W. should be back on a weekly schedule within a few days, and hopefully one we can hold steady with this semester.
For those of you who are here only to discover what it was this morning I posted on W.A.W.'s Facebook Page, but then took down due to it's scandalous nature it is this page about doing it...motherfucker.
*I'm not really writing this in the shower. I tried that once, thinking I was very clever for multitasking, and I ended up needing a new laptop.
Post a Comment