The good news is that this means my total isolation (actual quarantine, not just Sh.I.P.) is about to end. I will be able to see a small group of folks on the regular (I only see them and they only see me). The bad news is I'm about to go right back to being busy as fuck. Twelve hour days or more were not uncommon during March.
So, even though I don't usually post on Mondays I want to return to commitments and reminders and tell you about last week.
- I took about a week to recover, but really two. I have been able to write a LITTLE during that second week but getting over this thing is a long slog, and being completely isolated created some of its own problems. I got much less done than I thought. I guess the two weeks was a pretty good timeline even if it was configured slightly differently than most people getting CV-19.
- I decided to make the second week of recovery the week I was going to give myself to write on my novel this month. So I won't be taking the week off THIS week. I probably won't be able to get in any solid sessions for that until May anyway.
- My schedule is very overwhelming. I'm going to absolutely keep writing as much as I can, but while we're still Sh.I.P.ing, my normal update schedule just isn't going to happen.
- Keep an eye on the other places I do my writing. I have a lot of edited articles. Mostly written accounts of things I'd like to publish more officially than Facebook and such. I'm going to use some of the shorter writing sessions (where I don't have the time to sit and write a full article whole cloth) to work on some of these things.
- In particular, f you like my sociopolitical thoughts, you might like my public Facebook page (be sure and read up on the suggestions above before you send a friend request). That is often where I drop a quicker thought when I simply don't have time to sit down and write a full article.
- Though an official update schedule will be impossible to predict or maintain, I will still try to aim for at LEAST one good article a week and drop it on Fridays.
- Once this is over, I'm going to take some time off and some time lightly scheduled and focus on writing. I know that might sound like "I'll make it up to you," but....well, I really will try.