This poll is from our Year of Diverse Polls. Please check this page out if you have questions about the narrowed focus.
The world of horror has a lot more voices than Lovecraft, Koontz, Barker, and Stephen King. Today it's time to celebrate the lesser sung crafters of some of the scariest stories around.
- Please note the diversity requirements above.
- As always, I leave the niggling over "Horror" to your best judgement because I'd rather be inclusive. If you feel like Frankenstein is horror rather than science fiction, I'm not going to argue. (Though you might need to "show your work" to get anyone to second your nomination.) I'll only throw them out if they get super ridiculous.
- You may nominate two (2) books or series. If you nominate three or more my eyes narrow like Fry in Futurama. But more importantly for you, I will NOT take any nominations beyond the second that you suggest. (I will consider a long list to be "seconds" if someone else nominates them as well.)
- You may (and absolutely should) second as many nominations of others as you wish. So stop back in and see if anyone has put up something you want to see go onto the poll.
- Please put your nominations here. I will take nominations only as comments on this post. (No comments on FB posts or G+.) If you can't comment here send me a PM as I am not likely to see a comment.
- You are nominating WRITTEN HORROR, not their movie portrayals. And while in most cases with horror books are ALWAYS better because showing the monster always kind of ruins it a little, if you think The Haunting of Hill House was scary because The Haunting had those little CGI cherub heads, leave that out of this poll.
- No more endless elimination rounds. I will take somewhere between 8-20 best performing titles and at MOST run a single semifinal round. So second the titles you want even if they already have one. (Yes, I guess that would make them thirds, fourths, etc...)