- Well, it's eleven o'clock on a Tuesday night and this is the first moment I've had to sit down and write that wasn't lesson plans.
- And I get to do it all again in the morning!
- I've known (since that first year) that summer school is going to be a rough time, but I never quite GET it until the second week starts.
- Oh my God, what the hell am I thinking?
- At least after the first three weeks I'll have the lesson plans and curriculum written for session two. That's probably about ten hours a week right now.
- It has become apparent to me that I will not be able to really get guest posts up until I take an admin weekend to dig through and clean out my mailbox of current posts, pending requests, written posts that I've said "Absolutely I'll psot this," but have literally put into a folder and need to go through, and statements of interest.
- So I'm going to do that this weekend.
- Oh yes.
- Boy howdy.
- Thus, it's not too late to get in on this round of guest blogging submissions, but read the guidelines very, very, very carefully. I'll know if you don't, and I won't be able to hold your hand through the process this time round.
- INCOHERENT SCREAMING!
- Seriously if you're going to submit your writing, you have to follow directions. I can be nice about this and hold your hand and send you back messages like "Oh, you seem to have drifted away from the topic of writing a bit," when I'm not working an extra 25-30 hours a week, but right now I have to just ignore folks who send me stuff that isn't playing by the rules. I apologize for that, but it's where I am right now.
- MOAR INCOHERENT SCREAMING!!
- If you've blogged for me before in any capacity, you might consider a second pass. I'm now making more like 5000-10,000 page views per day and about 1200 minimum on an article (for more self promotion) and make JUUUUUUUUST enough money to be able to pay writers a little bit per article (and a bit more if their article does well).
- Am I seriously trying to get a blog post up at 11:30? It's time to question my life choices.
Tuesday, June 27, 2017
Real Talk and Guest Bloggers (A Post in Bullet Points)
How being a writer helped me rewrite a sexist trope...for real. [Edit 3 (7/25/13): I speak to some of the more common comments, questions,...
Well....it finally happened. My "can't even" about the comments on my Facebook page went from figurative to literal. At o...
So if you've been on Facebook sometime in the last fifty years or so, you've probably run across this little turd of a meme. I...
My suspicion is we're going to hear a lot about mental illness in the next few days. A lot. And my prediction is that it's going to...
Come see the full comic at: http://jensorensen.com/2016/11/15/donald-trump-election-win-reactions-cartoon/ If you are still trying to ...
I don't normally mess with author gossip here on Writing About Writing . Our incestual little industry has enough tricky-to-navigate g...
Image description: A fountain pen writing on lined paper. These are the brass tacks. The bare bones. The pulsing core of effective writi...
Ready to do some things for your craft that will terrify you even more than a sewer-dwelling clown? Oh what I wouldn't give for a si...
This might be a personal question, but I saw that you once used to be Muslim on one of your other posts. Why did you leave? It's fun...
1. Great writing involves great risk–the risk of terrible writing. Writing that involves no risk is merely forgettable–utterly. 2. When yo...