- Social Justice Bard That insult may not bother us the way you intended
- Why I'm a Social Justice Bard (Not a Warrior)
- Coming Out As Feminist If you don't like the word "feminism," you should start here.
- That Feminist Crap
- Changing the Creepy Guy Narrative One summer day on BART.....
- "Creepy Guy Feedback" Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, Part 4 LOTS of feedback to the article above.
- Elliot Rodger and the MRA/PUA on Writing
- Opting Out: My Dubious Future in Traditional Publishing I may never have a book on your shelf.
- The Really Hateful Hate Mail Some real sexist gems in here.
- Why Others' Stories Matter
- The Mailbox: Why is the Publishing Industry so Whitewashed?
- 20 Shirtstorm Narratives and What's Wrong With Them
- On Social Media and Social Justice
- The PC Police (Mailbox)
- A Year of Diverse Authors (Cue Literary Frenzy)
- Controlling the Narrative (A Case Study Within Baltimore)
- Deconstructing more Baltimore Narratives
- Helping the Purple People (How Privilege Changes The Story)
- On The Stories We Tell
- Flipping the Script
- Christian Terrorism is a Story You Don't Hear
- But They're Just Words
- A Call For Civility
- The Narrative of White People on Racism
- On Guns and Mental Illness and the Stories We Tell
- Think of the Children
- Trust the Police?
- The Narrative of Normalization
- SJB vs. Milo the Troll
- SJB and the Curious Case of Representation
- Social Justice Bard and The Status Quo Defenders ("SQiDs")
- Joss Whedon and the Art-Artist Divide
- SJB and the Tale of the Nazi Sympathizer
- Words Fucking Matter
- Be My Guest (But Remember You're My Guest)
- 25 Narratives We Hear After Every Mass Shooting (And Why They're Total Bullshit)
- Social Justice Quickies (Mailbox)
- Why Didn't You Report It
- Fireside Thoughts
- A Midterm Autopsy
- Social Justice Fortune Cookies
- Ten Flavors of Gamergate Fail
- It's NOT Just Words
For more social justice, check out Social Justice Metaphors
If you'd like to support me as a writer, there are multiple ways to do so, and I welcome that support as I have skyrocketing rent and insurance like everyone else, but PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't "fund" my social justice writing in a vacuum. That's not why I do it. I have my reasons for not being able to be a full-fledged "social justice advocate/activist/writer/warrior," and I refuse to be making a paycheck off of these struggles that are not mine. I'll do these Social Justice Bard posts no matter what. I promise. If the gestalt of my writing appeals, great, but if you only want to see more social justice posts, please donate to the causes themselves (BLM, SPLC, Planned Parenthood, Equality Now to name just a few) or writers–particularly women of color–who are writing about their own struggles. Thank you.
"If you feel you are a victim of reverse sexism, congratulations! You have confused your hurt widdle feewings with systematic global oppression. It's an easy mistake to make when you've only ever experienced one of them." This is quite possibly the most perfect summation of the "but men have it hard too!"/#notallmen/MRA arguments that I have ever read. Thank you! :)ReplyDelete
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.ReplyDelete
Sorry Turbo, one of the advantages of being an ally with privilege is that I already know the gas-lighting playbook, so it doesn't work on me. I'm afraid you've done SO poorly that you won't even be getting a year's supply of Turtle Wax or a copy of our home game.Delete
Thank you! I wish I'd seen this blog the other day, before I finally got so angry at one particularly clueless man that I left the FB group entirely.ReplyDelete